recent PHP bug breaks ACID: was:(Re: [Snort-users] ACID error when pulling up data)

chris koontz ckoontz at ...131...
Mon Sep 24 12:43:04 EDT 2001

While debugging the below problem I've discovered a
bug in php4.0.6.7rc2:
given the following code:
$string = "#This is an example string";
$tok1 = strtok($string,"#");

$tok1 should equal nothing.. however it equals
$string... (using other non # chars seem to work fine)

This breaks:
function GetQueryResultID found in:
acid_common.php

A bug report can be found:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=13419

so if you encounter the bug below.. you'll know one
possible reason :)
chris

---- excess data snipped------