[Snort-users] Compiling Snort for MySQL

Bruno Gimenes Pereti pereti at ...3411...
Mon Sep 24 04:57:04 EDT 2001

Hi Richard,

A couple of weeks ago someone I don't remember who (sorry) explained me that I needed to install mysql-devel also. I worked perfectly. And when I compiled I used ./configure --with-mysql

Bruno.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard La Bella
  To: Snort Users
  Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 2:19 AM
  Subject: [Snort-users] Compiling Snort for MySQL

  All,

  I need to recompile snort for use with mysql but I keep getting the same error message when I recompile:

  ERROR: Unabel to find mysql headers (mysql.h)

  When I installed mysql I installed the mysql RPM.
  I am compiling as so: ./configure --with-mysql=/var/lib/mysql

  I have the snort database set up and populated using the contrib file create_mysql. I confirmed the database and the tables are present.

  All help is greatly appreciated.

  Thank you in advance.

  Richard