[Snort-users] Compiling Snort for MySQL

John Berkers berjo at ...827...
Mon Sep 24 03:45:02 EDT 2001

Richard,

I have in the past tried to specify the location of the mysql headers
without much luck. I usually just use ./configure --with-mysql and leave it
at that.  It seems to work for me.

YMMV

Regards,

John Berkers.

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Richard La
Bella
Sent: Monday, 24 September 2001 15:19
To: Snort Users
Subject: [Snort-users] Compiling Snort for MySQL

All,

I need to recompile snort for use with mysql but I keep getting the same
error message when I recompile:

ERROR: Unabel to find mysql headers (mysql.h)

When I installed mysql I installed the mysql RPM.
I am compiling as so: ./configure --with-mysql=/var/lib/mysql

I have the snort database set up and populated using the contrib file
create_mysql. I confirmed the database and the tables are present.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Richard