[Snort-users] compile error insanity!

al3x payne al3x23 at ...3027...
Sun Sep 23 07:06:05 EDT 2001

Argh!  I'm trying to build the most recent snort release with MySQL
support, and after running ./configure I run 'make', and all goes fine
until I get the output below.  This is driving me CRAZY!!  My machine is
pretty much a stock RedHat 7.0 install with (obviously) everything
needed for MySQL and ./configure not to fail.  Thoughts, help, PLEASE!?!

<snip>
   && CONFIG_FILES=Makefile CONFIG_HEADERS= /bin/sh ./config.status
creating Makefile
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I/usr/include/pcap
-I/usr/local/mysql/include -DENABLE_MYSQL -I/usr/include/pgsql
-DENABLE_POSTGRESQL -DENABLE_SSL  -g -O2 -Wall -c snort.c
snort.c:2174: warning: preprocessing directive not recognized within
macro arg
snort.c:2174: warning: preprocessing directive not recognized within
macro arg
snort.c:2174: warning: preprocessing directive not recognized within
macro arg
snort.c:2174: warning: preprocessing directive not recognized within
macro arg
snort.c: In function `DisplayBanner':
snort.c:2168: undefined or invalid # directive
snort.c:2172: undefined or invalid # directive
make: *** [snort.o] Error 1