[Snort-users] Call for graphing feature requests in ACID

Kohlenberg, Toby toby.kohlenberg at ...1966...
Sat Sep 22 22:25:02 EDT 2001

I'd like to see ACID take advantage of the flexible
logging in Snort 1.8.1 and create a separate database
to hold ICMP events so that traffic analysis can be
done on them without impacting the primary database.

An ability to generate link charts (you know, kinda
like the maps of the internet that show all the connections
between different locations) would be really nice.

Most importantly- integration with MS SQL Server and Oracle
so that we can throw tens of millions of alerts into a database
and still be able to use it.

It would also be nice if you started including sensor management
features in ACID.

Toby

all opinions are my own and in no way reflect the views of
my employer.