[Snort-users] Configuring Cisco switches...

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Fri Sep 21 07:39:04 EDT 2001

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Bryan Childs wrote:

> "it would be better to ask of the best way to set up an ethernet network to
> optimise your chances of capturing information whilst maintaining high
> performance switched networks"

Just a tiny bit of followup with some better info:

	http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/41.html#perf

Section there that discuses the performance impact it will have on the switch.
Since it's from Cisco, I'm sure they have a better idea about it than I.

Thanks for the link Bob!  I had lost it in my bookmarks!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy
TheAdamsFamily.Net