[Snort-users] Sizing a machine for Snort

Muscat, Tyrone J. MUSCATTJ at ...3501...
Tue Sep 18 13:11:02 EDT 2001

I am considering installing a IDS based on Snort

My Operating System will probably be Solaris 8 (Management does not care for
Linux)

How much disk space is a good starting point for logs...
How much disk space for a MySQL Database setup...

I looked through the archives but I did not find any mention on disk
space....
Should I log all the traffic or just the alerts

My end goal is to log alerts to a web page and be able to produce a few
charts for management to prove that security is important.

Ty Muscat
Watt Regulator
815 Chestnut Street
North Andover, MA 01845