[Snort-users] capture data

Schmeits, Roger schmeits at ...3264...
Tue Sep 18 10:45:01 EDT 2001

In light of the latest IIS attack does anyone have any advice on capturing
data?
I am currently taking a SANS online course for intrusion detection and on
the lookout for any good data for the practical.

On the webserver I have snort installed and running with the following
command line options --

snort -c snort.conf -db -l c:\snort\logs.

Are there any other command line option/rules that I should be aware off?
This was installed just last week with the lastest rules set.

I will eventually transfer the data to a machine where I have snortsnarf
installed and go from there.

Thanks,

Roger