[Snort-users] General info

snortlst snortlst snortlst at ...125...
Tue Sep 18 09:14:06 EDT 2001

I couldn't find the explanation for pretty simple questions on the snort site, so maybe you can clarify this:
1. When you compare traffic to the rules what are the options - alerts are sent to syslog or database, or file,that's o.k., but can you for example drop connection if it conflicts with snort rules?What else can you do to malicious conenctions?
2.I don't think mysql is an option for me, is ACID simplier to confiure than mysql?
3. Can I generate HTML reports if I log to ACID?