[Snort-users] Code Red attacks

Jason Withrow jwithrow at ...422...
Mon Sep 17 15:06:08 EDT 2001

What is the legal issue, it is a purely defensive mechanism.

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Gordon
Ewasiuk
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 7:55 AM
To: Jason Withrow
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Code Red attacks

On Today, Jason Withrow wrote:
>What bother with the email.
>
>Since CR installs a CMD Shell that is freely accessable,
>Write a script that write a text file to that users computer.
>
>- Jason

Yo Jason,

I agree.  Code Red isn't worth the time or the bother.  Just putting out
links and info that others shared on other mailing lists.  =P

As for sending data to the infected CR server, that raises legal
questions.

-Gordon

Gordon Ewasiuk, Certifed Sun Fanatic,  Winstar VHC
The REAL office number is here----->  703.893.4901
Tired of BSODs, My Computer, and Code Red?
http://www.sun.com/solaris/binaries/