[Snort-users] SOT-Any signs of increased IDS today?

Mark Spieth mspieth at ...773...
Tue Sep 11 14:37:02 EDT 2001

That makes 2 of us, We are seeing tons of scans and attacks from servers
served by APNIC.

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Gordon
Ewasiuk
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 5:05 PM
To: Jacob Killian
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] SOT-Any signs of increased IDS today?

On Today, Jacob Killian wrote:
>Anyone seeing a spike in IDS alerts today?

Jacob,

Not today, but we've been battling several APNIC networks since Saturday
night.  Seeing probes/scans and attacks in the thousands per hour.
Kinda
like whack-a-mole.  Route one network to the toliet then two others
start
probing/attacking.

-Gordon

Gordon Ewasiuk, Certifed Sun Fanatic,  Winstar VHC
The REAL office number is here----->  703.893.4901
Tired of BSODs, My Computer, and Code Red?
http://www.sun.com/solaris/binaries/