[Snort-users] SOT-Any signs of increased IDS today?

Gordon Ewasiuk gewasiuk at ...3392...
Tue Sep 11 14:08:03 EDT 2001

On Today, Jacob Killian wrote:
>Anyone seeing a spike in IDS alerts today?

Jacob,

Not today, but we've been battling several APNIC networks since Saturday
night.  Seeing probes/scans and attacks in the thousands per hour.  Kinda
like whack-a-mole.  Route one network to the toliet then two others start
probing/attacking.

-Gordon

Gordon Ewasiuk, Certifed Sun Fanatic,  Winstar VHC
The REAL office number is here----->  703.893.4901
Tired of BSODs, My Computer, and Code Red?
http://www.sun.com/solaris/binaries/