[Snort-users] Some flags in the pv structure in snort main

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Mon Sep 10 17:32:02 EDT 2001

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Anupam  Bansal wrote:

> I am just trying to understand some of Snort's data structures and source
> code.
>
> The data structure pv in snort.c seems to hold most of the flags.
>
> What are the quiet flag and readmode flag for ??

[Warning:  I'm not a coder.  I've just stared at the code for way to long...
:]

Quiet mode is for when you're post processing and you don't want any screen
output.  Sorta like if you were to use snort as a drop in replacement for
tcpdump in SHADOW.

Readmode is just that:  When you're reading a binary log file, it
automatically sets the readmode flag.

If I'm off base here, someone _please_ correct me!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy
TheAdamsFamily.Net