[Snort-users] snort dying

Evan Carter ksosez at ...3385...
Mon Sep 10 11:40:03 EDT 2001

At 04:17 PM 9/10/01 +0200, you wrote:
>it doesn't matter which version you use - I used both, on my both
>Slack 7.1 boxes happens the same. But not equally frequentlly on both,
>although both are configured just the same

I am seeing this as well on my Mandrake 8.0 box. I just upgraded to snort
1.8.1 and within i a day it has mysteriously stopped logging. Unfortunately
it was over the weekend so I was unable to diagnose what was going on at
the time. I have plenty of disk space and nothing was out of the ordinary.
I also checked my log files for any messages from snort..or anything that
might have triggered it at that point....nothing it just mysteriously
disappeared.  Very annoying I will keep an eye on it for the rest of the
day today and tomorrow to see when/if it happens again.

Oh yeah and the last alert message i got what as Netbios message but
nothing out of the ordinary there that i could tell (but didn't look to
closely).