[Snort-users] Usage stats.

Dell, Jeffrey JDell at ...2148...
Mon Sep 10 09:49:02 EDT 2001

If you do any of those things that you mentioned you don't get the stats.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: John Sage [mailto:jsage at ...2022...]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 12:37 PM
To: Dell, Jeffrey
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Usage stats.

Given the basic approach of KISS, how about the classic:

ps ax | grep 'snort*'

and then do a kill [whatever] from the pid that's displayed?

Or even the ultra-minimalist:

ps ax | more

and when you see snort, ^C and do a kill of your choice...

- John

--
John Sage
FinchHaven, Vashon Island, WA, USA

Dell, Jeffrey wrote:

> I am trying to do this also and I am having a few issues...
>
> According to Chris Green:
>
>>kill -SIGUSR1 `pidof snort`
>>
> on a RedHat 7.1 box this works great once. but it doesn't work again :(
>
> According to Brian:
>
>>Or you could use skill from from ftp://jaguar.cs.utah.edu/pub/skill/
>>
> This server is down.
>
> anyone else have any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

<snip blah blah blah>

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained
herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the
sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or
hard copy format.
Thank you