[Snort-users] Memory usage on Snort

Scott Nursten scott.nursten at ...2638...
Mon Sep 10 04:52:02 EDT 2001

Yep, did so at the time. Didn't know if stream2 had been discontinued or not so I thought I would let the list know about the issues I'd seen. I also see hundreds of 000's of EVASIVE RST detections from stream4. I'd guess this is Windows clients and their poor implementation of the stack. Is there any way that I can get rid of this alert without geting rid of stream4? What exactly does the noinspect flag do?

Rgds,

Scott

"Andrew R. Baker" wrote:

> Easy solution, don't use stream2, use stream4 instead.  stream2 is known
> to have problems and all development on it has stopped.  Maybe i can
> convince Marty to let me remove it from the current codebase.
>
> -A

Scott Nursten - Systems Administrator
ddi:   +44 (0) 1293 744 122
work:  +44 (0) 1293 402 040