[Snort-users] AW: (Snort-users) logging to both log file and database

sandro.poppi at ...3316... sandro.poppi at ...3316...
Mon Sep 10 00:54:02 EDT 2001

Here's a snippet of my snort.conf for creating the wished entries:

output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT LOG_PID
output database: alert, mysql, user=snort password=xxxx dbname=snort
host=localhost sensor_name=ids01

As seen above I use a MySQL database which should be created prior restarting
snort with the database output module >8))

HTH

Ciao,
Sandro