[Snort-users] Little install dilemma

Greg Herlein gherlein at ...3379...
Sun Sep 9 16:53:02 EDT 2001

You will need to tell configure where the libpcap inclused and
libraries are on your system.  I'd recommend getting fresh copies
and installing them, then do read the INSTALL file for snort:

`--with-libpcap-includes=DIR'
     If the configuration script can't find the libpcap include
files on its
     own, the path can be set manually with this switch.

`--with-libpcap-libraries=DIR'
     If the configuration script can't find the libpcap library
files on its
     own, the path can be set manually with this switch.

This will tell it where to get the needed files to do the build.

Greg