[Snort-users] snort on obsd performance

Mike Poor sp0re at ...1708...
Sun Sep 9 08:44:03 EDT 2001

> On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, skop d'skop wrote:
> > yet my server still can't handle large traffic (2+2)  even with -A fast .
> > recently it stop the service after 30-40 minutes of running (snort -d -A
> > fast -c snort.conf -l /var/log/snort ) surprising it works well as on
> > same set up for firewall using ipf/ipnat.

It also depend on what other processes that box is running.  Example: if that
box is still running firewall 'ipf/ipnat', among other processes like X, ftp,
smtp, apache and more.  Run top and ntop and see whats eating up your cpu and
memory.

--
Mike Poor

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend,
to the death, your right to say it."

Voltaire