[Snort-users] Memory usage on Snort

Scott Nursten scott.nursten at ...2638...
Fri Sep 7 03:35:03 EDT 2001

Hey guys,

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but using

preprocessor stream2: timeout 10, ports 25 80, maxbytes 16384

makes snort run away with 1.4GB of memory in under 12 hours on our net'. Once this is disabled, snort has not used more then 5.2MB of mem in 24 hours.

Any fixes - BTW I searched the archives for any stream2 complaints - there were a few complaints about memory usage, but no fixes.

http://www.geocrawler.com/search/?config=4890&words=stream2&SUBMIT=Search+snort-users

Rgds,

Scott
--