[Snort-users] ACID Archiving on Postgresql

Fraser Hugh hugh_fraser at ...2804...
Thu Sep 6 10:15:03 EDT 2001

It appears that the pre-processors do not include a sig_class_id or
sig_priority. If specified in the insert statement, they're required to be
int8 values, but they're not required fields. However, the archive code
explicitly copies these values over, and postgres balks because the fields
aren't int8.

There's a few solutions, probably in order of preference, but I'm not one
for the developers and don't understand the implications.
1. Change the archiving code to exclude NULL fields.
2. Change the plugins to include a non-NULL value for these fields.
3. Add a trigger to the signature table to force a value for the fields. Not
having the time to dig through the code, this was my quick solution.