[Snort-users] Re: (Snort-users) Log analysis tools

Subba Rao subba9 at ...530...
Thu Sep 6 06:45:07 EDT 2001

On  0, sandro.poppi at ...3316... wrote:

> Try ACID. It's not that simple to install because of various support packages
> needed and it's database related, but you get all alerts when they happen
> /nearly realtime) and it can be queried via a browser.
>
> ACID can be found on http://www.cert.org/kb/acid/

Thank you for replying and this info. Is ACID a memory hog? SnortSnarf needs
lot of tuning up(that is another discussion). I would assume that such (ACID)
setup would be on a different box and not on the Snort agent itself.

Thank you once again.
--

Subba Rao
subba9 at ...530...

GPG public key ID CCB7344E
Key fingerprint = A8DD 4CBA 1E9B D962 A55B  2B55 BAFE 92C5 CCB7 344E