[Snort-users] compiling snort with support for oracle

Mads Rasmussen mads at ...3126...
Thu Sep 6 06:19:09 EDT 2001

Could someone please tell me where to get the oci library for oracle and how
to compile snort with support for oracle.

What is needed from the oracle installation for snort to compile? oracle
haven't released the sql plus client for linux so what do I need to enable
communication with the DB that resides on another machine.

Compiling for postgresql is very easy and works really good, but I was asked
to give it a try with oracle.
Why is it so damn hard?

Could the guy that made the oracle support please give some tips as to what
is needed?

Thanks in advance,

Mads