[Snort-users] rule sets on CVS

Bob Van Cleef vancleef at ...211...
Wed Sep 5 17:13:05 EDT 2001

I would like to set up a script to routinely download and replace
the rule sets.  Has anyone else done so?

Looking at the cvs source, I have a couple of observations about
the rule sets.

1 - they are all in the top directory, which after the build
    has 286 files in it... of which 28 have the suffix .rules.

2 - there is no Makefile option to install them anywhere

It would be nice to be able to run a CVS update, followed by
a 'make install' that actually changed the EXTERNAL/INTERNAL
variables and placed the results in the correct directory.

Bob