[Snort-users] RE: Snort on Win32 platform

Klimarchuk John JKLIMARCHUK at ...2731...
Wed Sep 5 11:07:05 EDT 2001

Could anyone point me in the right direction?  I am trying to get Snort on
the Win32 platform working.  The only problems I am encountering is snort
actually is not gathering packets not destined for it.  Any one have any
thoughts.  If I do a Nessus attack on the same network as the snort machine,
it will log the attacks directed toward itself only, it does not see the
Nessus machine attacking any other machines on that network.

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Henrich [mailto:henrich at ...2798...]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 7:30 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] DB Rules

It would be really cool if snort could read its rulesets from the database
source.  That way remote sensors who are talking directly to the central DB
server could get immediate rule updates, and make administration of a snort
network much easier.. (IMHO).  Whacha think?

      Charles Henrich                                     henrich at ...2798...

                         http://www.sigbus.com/~henrich