[Snort-users] Making snort go....

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Tue Sep 4 20:54:02 EDT 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Travis Farmer wrote:

> Ok, i have gotten it to run with the command "./snort -h 192.168.0.1/30 -d
> -v -p net 192.168.0".
> now, how do i get it to load rulesets, log to postgresql, ect...
> I seem to be finding very little documentation for Snort.

Ummmm....  USAGE file?  Perhaps the FAQ at
http://snort.sourcefire.com/docs/faq.html (new location) or
http://www.snort.org/ ?  Snort Users manual in PDF at
http://snort.sourcefire.com/documentatation.html/  ?

Mailing lists aren't replacements for RTFM...  Oh, wait, lemme guess--You're
running a Linux variant?  Build it yourself from the tarball and you'll find
all the docs you need in the snort-1.8.1-RELEASE directory.

[Not trying to be mean, but it's been a bitch of day, and I'm testy...  :)
Sorry Mate! ]

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy