[Snort-users] What machine is that... Anyway?

Niek Jongerius niek at ...2864...
Mon Sep 3 00:33:04 EDT 2001

> Well, it would seem to me that if it has an unknown address on your
> network, you've already spotted it.  You would really need something
> like nmap to make a stab at what type of OS is running on it.

There is another tool for fingerprinting, that often does a better job
than nmap. Check out http://www.sys-security.com/html/projects/X.html.
Impressive stack analysis!

Niek.

Bezoek Dupaco tijdens "Infosecurity.nl." op 18 en 19 okt. 2001
in Jaarbeurs Utrecht, Hal 3, stand nummer c29.

the system manager.