[Snort-users] ACID & Snort Speed

Mike Walter mike at ...3781...
Wed Oct 31 09:21:03 EST 2001

Hello,
	Yet another speed question.  I have a Celeron 400 with 384 MB of Ram and UW SCSI HDDs on my snort server.  I have over 500,000 events in my snort logs.  I am logging to mySQL database.  When I open my main snort / acid page it takes over 30 minutes to load (According to the latest version of ACID which displays it on the bottom).  Is there something I am missing here, is this box way too slow?  Any thoughts?
	Thanks,

Mike Walter,
3z.net a PCD Company,
PCD Network Solutions, Inc,
"When Success the Only Solution  t h i n K  3z.net"
www.pcdnet.net
www.3z.net