[Snort-users] AW: (Snort-users) How to know if snort is dropping packets

sandro.poppi at ...3316... sandro.poppi at ...3316...
Tue Oct 30 23:08:01 EST 2001

> Marc-Andre Hamelin wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Anyone as a way to know in real time if snort is dropping
> packets without
> > having to stop the processes and restart them ?
> > Also, how about when the processes are running in daemon mode ?
>
> Send the Snort process a SIGUSR1, if it's running on daemon mode it
> prints to syslog, if it's running on the console it'll print to that
> display.
>
>      -Marty

Marty,

when sending snort SIGUSR1 this only works once so I have to restart snort to
get further statistics. I'm running snort on RedHat 7.0/7.1 in daemon mode. Is
this normal behaviour or do I miss something?

Thanks,
Sandro