[Snort-users] Help with Hub and Router setup

SecurityGauntlet securitygauntlet at ...3130...
Fri Oct 26 18:28:02 EDT 2001

Well, let's see. The linksys router has the capability to put a machine
Link a snort box as a DMZ host. Plug the Snort box into the Router direct.
Set up the router with DMZ hosting. Make the DMZ machine stealth (use the
cable mod on the Snort sites).

The router does the connection authentication for your cable drop. This
needs to be the ONLY NIC viewable ( machine which has viability or can be
see on your perimeter) from the cable company. Make sure you use the MAC
spoofing ( set the MAC address spoofing of the registered computer) to
address the cable companies requirement for authentication. Make sure you
are NATing all inside addresses. You can start the Linux ether card without
an IP address.

Then just start SNORTING AWAYYYYYYY

Wayne T Work
Manager of Information Systems Security