[Snort-users] ACID & Snort Archive

Jason Lewis jlewis at ...2449...
Fri Oct 26 12:50:10 EDT 2001

What versions of ADODB and ACID are you using?  I found that ADODB 1.4 made
a significant difference during archiving.

Jason Lewis
http://www.packetnexus.com
It's not secure "Because they told me it was secure".
The people at the other end of the link know less
about security than you do. And that's scary.

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Mike Walter
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 3:23 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] ACID & Snort Archive

I have a question about archiving data.  I am using ACID to do this.  I have
a Celeron 400 and 384 megs of ram.  I have currently 340,000 records in the
database.  I am trying to move 70,000 alerts from live to archive.  I had my
timeout setup at 3600 seconds and it times out.  I changed it to 7200
seconds and it still times out, it only moves a few thousand records.  Any
ideas on why this would take so long?  Is my machine just too slow?
Thoughts?

Mike Walter,
3z.net a PCD Company,
PCD Network Solutions, Inc,
"When Success the Only Solution  t h i n K  3z.net"
www.pcdnet.net
www.3z.net