[Snort-users] ACID & Snort Archive

Mike Walter mike at ...3781...
Fri Oct 26 12:24:02 EDT 2001

I have a question about archiving data.  I am using ACID to do this.  I have a Celeron 400 and 384 megs of ram.  I have currently 340,000 records in the database.  I am trying to move 70,000 alerts from live to archive.  I had my timeout setup at 3600 seconds and it times out.  I changed it to 7200 seconds and it still times out, it only moves a few thousand records.  Any ideas on why this would take so long?  Is my machine just too slow?  Thoughts?

Mike Walter,
3z.net a PCD Company,
PCD Network Solutions, Inc,
"When Success the Only Solution  t h i n K  3z.net"
www.pcdnet.net
www.3z.net