[Snort-users] Best place for remote mysql server

Jeremy prrthd25 at ...131...
Fri Oct 26 10:37:07 EDT 2001

Hello,
  I'm sure this question has been asked before but i
have had no luck finding it in the archives. I was
wondering what the best location for a remote mysql
log server for multiple snort sensors would be. I am
going to have a sensor between our internet router and
pix firewall, one on the internal network and one on
each of the two dmz's.
  Would the best placement be on the internal network,
on one of the dmz's, somewhere else?  I just keep
thinking if the mysql server is on the internal
network, how do I make sure that if the external
sensor is compromised it will not lead to a internal
compromise.
  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Please CC me because I am not on the list.

Thanks,
  Jeremy