[Snort-users] SNORT configuration: logging alerts without portscans

Thomas.Klockow at ...1355... Thomas.Klockow at ...1355...
Fri Oct 26 01:32:02 EDT 2001

Hi *,

I wonder if it is possible to log portscans and alerts to different files.

So portscans should go only(!) to the file specified with the portscan
keyword (preprocessor portscan: 192.168.1.0/24 5 7 /var/log/portscan.log)
and alerts should go only to where ever you want, syslog for example (output
alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT).

In my standard configuration the portscans are logged in both files, what is
not my intention.
Any help?

	Thomas