[Snort-users] Snort 1.8.2-beta1 (build 85) available

Martin Roesch roesch at ...1935...
Thu Oct 25 20:39:06 EDT 2001

For those of you that track CVS, I'd like to announce the availability
of the 1.8.2-beta1.  The days are getting shorter and the leaves are
falling off the trees, so it must be getting close to time for another
Snort release.

The 1.8.2 code consists almost completely of bug fixes for the stuff
that was left over after the 1.8.1 release.  I'd like to get this code
tested thoroughly to make sure that we have as stable and functional a
release as possible.

You can get the beta release from
http://www.snort.org/downloads/snort-daily.tar.gz or straight from CVS.

If all goes well we'll release in a week or so.

     -Marty

--
Martin Roesch - President, Sourcefire Inc. - (410)552-6999