[Snort-users] Snort and ARIS Extractor

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at ...79...
Thu Oct 25 04:51:07 EDT 2001

Hello all...

Just a PS/addendum to any discussion
of Snort and ARIS...

I only noticed today the existence of 'ARIS Sensor':
http://aris.securityfocus.com/Download.asp

which is basically just an RPM of Snort and ARIS extractor
packaged together for ease of setting up, etc.

Naturally most of us prefer to 'roll our own' but maybe in
the future some combined packages/distributions with
Snort/ACID/etc. all rolled together might increase the
use of what is already a great product...

Mmm, of course, maybe such a thing already exists... :)
http://www.sourcefire.com/html/products.html

Peter Bates, Systems Support Officer, Network Support Team.
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Telephone:0207-927 2124 / Fax: 0207-436 5389 / Pager: 07625 255362