[Snort-users] troubleshooting Snort on Windows 2000

Matthew Williams williams at ...3901...
Wed Oct 24 17:57:07 EDT 2001

Sounds like the default socket location that php expects to use
to connect to mysql is not correct.

'mysqladmin variables' will list the socket location that mysql
is using.  Confirm that it agrees with the socket specified
in the php3.ini file.  Alternatively you can specify the socket
in the php call; in my case, we use

	mysql_pconnect("localhost:/tmp/mysql.sock","nobody");

I haven't used ACID, but this fixed the same problem on another
application last night ;)

Matt