[Snort-users] Setting up Snort for multiple sensors

Joe Pampel joe at ...3851...
Tue Oct 23 05:23:07 EDT 2001

Hello and thanks!  I'm getting up to speed here now..

Thanks also for writing such a wonderfull interface
for Snort and sharing it with the world. It makes my job possible..

Thanks!!

Joe

Message: 4
To: Joe Pampel <joe at ...3851...>
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
From: roman at ...438...
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Configure MySQL for multiple snort sensors
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 02:10:33 US/Eastern

> ps: anyone know where ADODB (in the ACID config) pulls
> it's database address from? I'm going through all the files but cannot
> find a 'localhost' ref, but it keeps crashing ACID trying to find the DB
> on localhost.. I think that's the only setting I'm missing.  I plan on
> making a 'how to' when this is over! As usual nothing really hard about
> it, just a lot of details to trip over..

ADODB gets the database address from ACID via the parameters set in the
Connect() or PConnect() call.  ACID accepts the configuration variable
$alert_host in acid_conf.php to set the DB server.

See http://acidlab.sourceforge.net/snort/acid_params.html for a complete
list of database and other configuration parameters.

Roman