[Snort-users] What can Snort listen for?

ashley thomas athomas at ...3539...
Mon Oct 22 14:37:31 EDT 2001

Yes. That is what Snort is for (watch the network traffic promiscously)
... it sees all the packets on the network  (provided it is a BUS topology)
If it is switched network , then B sees only packets destined to it or going
from it.

Hi all,

I have something not very clear... Suppose I have the network in the
below:

     +-----------------> |  10BASE-T Hub | <------------+

  ---------                 -------------------------
----------
  | Host A |               |  Host B (running Snort)  |          | Host
C |
  ----------               -------------------------
----------

In this example, can the Host B capture all the traffic between Host A
and C?

Thanks in advacne.
--
steven

home page: http://steven4u.net
tel:       +86 760 8320102
rfc-822:   steven at ...2419...

              \|||/
             (o o)
If money could talk, it would say - goodbye