[Snort-users] Configure MySQL for multiple snort sensors

roman at ...438... roman at ...438...
Fri Oct 19 23:11:09 EDT 2001

> ps: anyone know where ADODB (in the ACID config) pulls
> it's database address from? I'm going through all the files but cannot
> find a 'localhost' ref, but it keeps crashing ACID trying to find the DB
> on localhost.. I think that's the only setting I'm missing.  I plan on
> making a 'how to' when this is over! As usual nothing really hard about
> it, just a lot of details to trip over..

ADODB gets the database address from ACID via the parameters set in the
Connect() or PConnect() call.  ACID accepts the configuration variable
$alert_host in acid_conf.php to set the DB server.

See http://acidlab.sourceforge.net/snort/acid_params.html for a complete
list of database and other configuration parameters.

Roman

      http://www.voicenet.com/webmail/