[Snort-users] Acid X Mysql error

roman at ...438... roman at ...438...
Fri Oct 19 23:01:10 EDT 2001

[from the ACID FAQ: http://acidlab.sourceforge.net/acid_faq.html]

(D-3) Common MySQL error messages

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

ACID has been configured to communicate over a UNIX domain socket.
Something is amiss with the the MySQL configuration which is preventing
clientsvfrom connecting.

* Verify that the MySQL server has been started.

* Verify that the specified mysql.sock file exists in the correct directory.
Use the --socket switch of the MySQL server (mysqld) to set the socket
directory. The socket file is often found in /tmp or /var/lib/mysql.

Roman

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Alex Rodrigues wrote:

> When I open acid main page, I get this error:
> Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in
> /usr/local/apache/htdocs/acid/adodb/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 113
> localhost
>
> Any good tip?
> Thanks.

Alex