[Snort-users] Windows - Latest CVS Available Ver 1.8.1b84

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Thu Oct 18 15:17:16 EDT 2001

To all Windows users of Snort:

Please read all the notices below.

Here at Silicon Defense we have undertaken the project of providing you
with the binaries for the RELEASE version of Snort 1.8.1, along with all
the latest required support files. We will also do our best to provide
you with the latest compiled CVS version of Snort. We will also continue
to provide you with all the FINAL binaries for Snort 1.7.1, and all the
necessary support files.

The latest CVS is now available:

Snort 1.8.1 b84 Win32 Static
Snort 1.8.1 b84 Win32 MySQL Binary
Snort 1.8.1 b84 Win32 MySQL & FlexRESP Binary
Snort 1.8.1 b84 Win32 MSSQL Binary
Snort 1.8.1 b84 Win32 FlexRESP Binary

Notice to all our clients: We will ONLY be supporting the RELEASE
version of Snort 1.7.1 & 1.8.1 at this time.

Notice to all Windows XP users: We have a patch for WinPcap available
that will allow you to run Snort 1.7.1 and 1.8.1. This patch is NOT
supported by anyone. We are waiting for an official RELEASE version of
WinPcap by the programmer that will include support for the latest
Windows operating system called "Windows XP". This patch has been
working fine for several weeks and will be located on our download page.

Notice: FlexResp is not reliable. We are waiting for a new release of
LibnetNT.dll, and that should fix the problems we are having with that.

Link to Downloads:
http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/downloads.htm
Link to Documentation:
http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/windows.htm

Happy Snorting, and remember - Silicon Defense is the #1 provider of
Snort Support, in the world.

-Mike

+ Michael Steele - mailto:michaels at ...155...
+ Silicon Defense - Technical Support for Snort
+ http://www.silicondefense.com/