[Snort-users] Re: [Snort-devel] problems with snort reading from stdin

Chris Green cmg at ...671...
Wed Oct 17 18:35:19 EDT 2001

<tlewis at ...468...> writes:

> On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Chris Green wrote:
>
>> Theres no reason I can think of to use tcpdump and snort in a pipe
>> together.
>
> You could be pulling a large tcpdump file from, say, a network
> connection and not have enough space or time to store it on disk
> locally first.

and you've not got a copy of snort on the machine that first had a
copy of the tcpdump file.  That said, you've come up with a
theoretical situation that I missed although I doubt there was that
netcat-like streaming situation by the origninal poster

:-)

--
Chris Green <cmg at ...671...>
You now have 14 minutes to reach minimum safe distance.