[Snort-users] Fwd: questions for the ACID

Saad Kadhi bsdguy at ...1472...
Wed Oct 17 00:41:18 EDT 2001

On Wed, 2001-10-17 at 05:20, Henry Chan wrote:
> From: Henry Chan <henrchan at ...3845...>
> To: snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: questions for the ACID
> Date: 17 Oct 2001 11:13:31 +0800
>
> Dear All;
>
> Pls help !!! I get some questions about the ACID software.After I run
> the ACID for 6 hours. The snort system is hang. Also, the ACID does not
> refresh the screen. Then, I restart the snort service and the database.
> Then it will start to log the alert again.
We need more info to help you: platform you are running snort on,
hardware, amount of RAM, avg. number of alerts/per day, snort version,
startup options, version of MySQL, version of ACID, version of adodb,
version of PHP ...etc.

> Another questions, how long do I need to update the attack signature
> and how can I find the attack signature definition for each signature.
www.whitehats.com. To update the rules automatically, get a look @ Dr
SuSE's wednesday post in the archives.

--
/saad