[Snort-users] alert

Chris Green cmg at ...671...
Tue Oct 16 20:42:15 EDT 2001

"snortlst snortlst" <snortlst at ...125...> writes:

> You see, I'm trying to be a good boy and look into FAQ before asking stupid
> questions, I looked into FAQ and they didn't tell  for example that all
> alerts are put into the alert file.

The FAQ isn't an attempt to be an complete documentation source.

> It's just my guess and I'm sure if it's right or wrong.Snort pdf
> also misses a lot of 'newbie' things.

The "overview" is a pretty good introduction.  Perhaps it's not as
clear as it should be.

> So I think it's a legitimate question to ask.....  And that's
> strange attitude, like 'Hey, go back and check documentation' (which
> actually misses some things) Thanks anyway.

The documentation is far from perfect.  I did go add a few lines
saying what the Full Alert mode did to the output plugin description.

> eliyah lovkoff
> ccse,ccna,cca,cne4,5, lpic-1,mcse (just trying to say I'm not a complete
> idiot)

Wasn't claiming you were. Just wanted to get a lot of small questions
taken care of in one scoop.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...671...>