[Snort-users] data table full in MYSQL

Susan Kay Coulter skc at ...440...
Tue Oct 16 16:22:09 EDT 2001

If you use ACID to do the delete, the payload entry in the data table should be
removed.  If you are assuming the payloads are not being removed because the
size of the data.MYD is not getting smaller ... that is not a good indicator.
The data.MYD will forever be 4.2 gig from now on ... that is the way mysql
works.  If ACID said it deleted the alerts, you can be pretty sure the payload
entry was removed from data.MYD.