[Snort-users] missing alert.ids ????

Tim Parker hostmaster at ...2310...
Tue Oct 16 10:30:10 EDT 2001

Sorry everyone. I answered by own problem....guess sitting looking at things
for an hour before emailing just wasn't enough for me. I had missed a
directory when editing the snort.conf file and they were wrong......

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Parker [mailto:hostmaster at ...2310...]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 12:16 PM
To: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: [Snort-users] missing alert.ids ????

I am in the process of setting up an install of snort 1.8 on an NT box. I am
following the install steps from silicondefense.com and when I get to the
point of entering the command to compile the alert.ids file it "runs" but
doesn't create a file and I don't get any error message from the command
prompt?? Any ideas???

Tim Parker