[Snort-users] Snort, FreeBSD and Multiple NICs

Dave Elfering elfering at ...3270...
Tue Oct 16 07:38:31 EDT 2001

I'm running FreeBSD 4.4 and Demarc 1.05 RC2 on a Dell Precision (1GB RAM,
800Mhz CPU) with an Adaptec quad ethernet card.

I must be brain damaged, because I'm not seeing how to select several
interfaces.

I want to minimally run Snort on two interfaces watching separate network
segments, and experiment with watching up to 4 segments. This is just
cleaner for me than setting up a probe for each silly network I want to
monitor.

Sorry if this is FAQ fodder some place, but I haven't seen this question
answered.