[Snort-users] Cisco Switch Question

Tim Parker tparker at ...3825...
Tue Oct 16 02:54:10 EDT 2001

Thanks everyone for the help! I appreciate it.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Schuler [mailto:cschuler at ...2467...]
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 8:17 PM
To: Tim Parker
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Cisco Switch Question

you will need to set the port the snort machine is plugged into into a
monitor port
en
conf t
int f0/#  (#=port #)
switchport monitor 1-24 (or you can give it a vlan # )
^z
wr me

this will cause all traffic from the defince ports, or vlan to be mirrored
to that port..thus letting the snort box see all traffic
if ya get in trouble do a  '?'