[Snort-users] Cisco Switch Question

Tim Parker tparker at ...3825...
Mon Oct 15 16:56:17 EDT 2001

I just set up an NT monitoring station at home on my small network and I
have it plugged into a Linksys 10/100 Switch. At work I have both a Mandrake
8.0 system and an NT box with Snort 1.8, these are both plugged into a Cisco
2912 on my desk. I am not getting any alerts from the two units at work.
What do I need to do differently? I just want them to monitor the subnet
they are on now for testing. Eventually (after a learn a bit more!) I am
going to be setting up a unit to monitor a DMZ and a web site. Thanks for
any pointers.....